Kenworth TruckTech+ Remote Diagnostics has been streamlining the way Kenworth dealerships and customers are approaching vehicle health monitoring, diagnostics and repair support for increased uptime and productivity. And as of recently, MX-powered heavy duty trucks equipped with TruckTech+ also have the ability to utilize Over-the-Air (OTA) Updates to keep their software up to date anytime and anywhere.
TruckTech+ subscriptions will soon be able to be extended beyond the two-year period provided with base engine warranty on heavy duty models and the initial two-year optional subscription period on medium duty models. Optional subscription extensions for TruckTech+ will be offered in increments ranging between 30 and 60 months. MX-powered heavy duty units also will be able to extend the use of Over-the-Air Updates to match their extended subscription length. Options for extending TruckTech+ subscriptions will be available in PremierSpec starting May 11, 2020.
In addition to encouraging extended subscriptions, there are other ways your dealership can help customers maximize the benefits of TruckTech+. Below are a few helpful reminders:
PACCAR Solutions Dashboard:
- Identify and contact customers requiring support within your area
- Track precise locations and vehicle health of fleets managed by your location
- Filter trucks in your dashboard by individual dealer location, dealer regions and overall dealer group
- Monitor the software status of customers with MX-powered heavy duty trucks via the software dashboard
PACCAR Solutions Detail View:
- Review fault codes and begin triage work prior to arrival at your dealership
- Use fault codes to quickly determine a service plan
- Verify parts availability and get required parts on order
PACCAR Solutions Customer Activation:
- Ensure all customer accounts are activated
- Ensure all customers with MX-powered units equipped with TruckTech+ are enabling their trucks so they can take advantage of OTA for future software updates
- Ensure your TruckTech+ administrator and service teams are up to speed by reviewing related training materials on DealerNet.